hotel options

Diva Las Vegas Discussion Forum

Return to DLV Discussion Forum

hotel options

Postby melissamills » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:47 pm

Hello one and all
I was just wondering if most people will be staying at the Flamingo during the DLV event or if people will be staying at other hotels in the area?
melissamills
Sophomore

Re: hotel options

Postby Cami desiree » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:35 am

Hi there. Many people are staying at the Flamingo at a group rate which is still open until September 30th.
Cami desiree
Elector

Postby melissamills » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:33 am

unfortunately I procrastinated for too long about the Flamingo hotel deal and when I went to book a room, the available rate had gone up per night and combined with a horrible exchange rate against the US dollar (I am coming from australia), it was too expensive to stay at Flamingo so I will be staying at the Rio hotel.
melissamills
Sophomore

Postby Micki » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:37 pm

Be very careful of the Rio as I have heard it's really gone downhill lately. I recommend using Yelp.com and read the reviews so you know what you are getting into.

Good Luck,

Micki
Micki

Postby annie » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:03 pm

I last stayed at the Rio in late 2019, just before the pandemic hit, and although my room was perfectly fine, it was obvious that corners were being cut and quite a few of the commercial spaces were vacant.

Yes, I've heard the same things. Rio is kind of in a state of flux, as in being sold and re-themed, and CET does not want to invest any more maintenance $$$ in the property than they absolutely have to.

However, if you do get a crummy room, you can always go back down to the desk and scream at them and demand a better one.
annie
Elector

Postby melissamills » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:15 pm

Yes, I have read reviews of the Rio and can't really gauge exactly how I think it will go until I get there, I guess. I don't have any major expectations but just as long as it's clean and safe, that's all that matters.
In the end, it came down to cost and it was about AU$500 difference over the 5 nights.
I am not crazy about the travel to strip from there but it will be part of the deal by staying there.
I will have a car and at least at the Rio, they don't charge extra for parking.
The only time I have been on the grounds of the Rio was a long time ago when I caught a shuttle bus from Harrah's on the Strip to attend a Penn and Teller show but they no longer have that service.
By staying there, I think it changes some of the events I was likely to attend (which to be honest, there wasn't much to start with) but it is what it is.
If anyone who reads this will also be staying at the Rio, please mention so on here if you feel comfortable enough doing so
melissamills
Sophomore

Return to DLV Discussion Forum