Diva Las Vegas Discussion Forum

Return to DLV Discussion Forum

Flamingo DLV group rate Sold Out

Postby External Poster » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:25 pm

This posting is from: Jenny K
----------

Hi there, New on today and am registered to attend. I just looked at
the booking form for the Flamingo linked from the DLV website and it
all seems to be working. Am I doing something wrong?

----------
(This posting was entered by Jenny K, an external user of MyDLV.)
External Poster
External

Postby Ivy » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:52 pm

I just spoke with a reservations lady at the Flamingo. She answered my questions about the room rate, resort tax, etc. Then she said that the DLV group rate rooms were sold out as of 1/29/2020.

Fortunately, we were able to get a comparable price on Travelocity when bundled with our air fare. My wife suggests that similar packages might be available through Orbitz, etc.

See you there,

Ivy & Tiger
Ivy

Postby External Poster » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:52 pm

This posting is from: Ivy
----------

I just spoke with a reservations lady at the Flamingo. She answered
my questions about the room rate, resort tax, etc. Then she said that
the DLV group rate rooms were sold out as of 1/29/2020.

Fortunately, we were able to get a comparable price on Travelocity
when bundled with our air fare. My wife suggests that similar packages
might be available through Orbitz, etc.

See you there,

Ivy & Tiger

----------
(This posting was entered by Ivy, an external user of MyDLV.)
External Poster
External

Re: Flamingo DLV group rate Sold Out

Postby annie » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:14 pm

Ivy wrote:I just spoke with a reservations lady at the Flamingo. She answered my questions about the room rate, resort tax, etc. Then she said that the DLV group rate rooms were sold out as of 1/29/2020.

Cami is aware of this and is trying to get the room block extended at a comparable rate. As of this morning, things were still in a pending state.

We'll announce it here if/when rooms are again available under the plan.
annie
Elector

Postby Jenny K » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:25 pm

Hi there, New on today and am registered to attend. I just looked at the booking form for the Flamingo linked from the DLV website and it all seems to be working. Am I doing something wrong?
Jenny K

Postby annie » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:12 pm

Here is the story as of Tuesday (Feb 4) evening, and this may change at any time, as Cami is working to get the better rates extended.

The link that is posted for our group rates will now reflect the current "retail" rates, which as of this writing are not bad. The request to extend the special rates needs to be approved at a higher level in the CET organization and may or may not happen.

If anything changes, we will announce in here and in our next general mailing.

Jenny K wrote:Hi there, New on today and am registered to attend. I just looked at the booking form for the Flamingo linked from the DLV website and it all seems to be working. Am I doing something wrong?

No, you are not doing anything wrong. You are just seeing the rates that a retail customer would see. It's perfectly fine to book via that screen if you wish to do so.

Although I can't speak for the Flamingo, in most cases it will be possible to re-book at the lower rate, should a lower rate become available.
annie
Elector

Postby annie » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:04 pm

This is late-breaking news, in just minutes ago ...

It appears that the special room rates WILL be expanded.

At this time we do not know the exact day, hour, minute and second when this will occur, but most likely in the next few days.

We'll announce it here and shortly after in a general mailing when this does occur.

There's kind of a back-story here as to why the room block sold out so quickly. When Cami talked to the Flamingo sales staff to set up the 2020 room block, they used the attendance and room booking figures for the last couple of years to size the block. This year we've seen a very significant increase in registrations, also reflected in room bookings, and the block sold out much sooner than expected.

As of this morning we have 144 signed up to attend DLV 2020. This is very significantly (45%) higher than we had at this time in 2019, and shows a high degree of enthusiasm for this year's event.

Again, big thanks to Cami for coordinating this year's room block!
annie
Elector

Return to DLV Discussion Forum