HoJo

Pinkfest Discussion Forum

Return to Pinkfest

HoJo

Postby Bev » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:38 pm

Last summer my family and I stayed at the Howard Johnson River North. It's about 6 blocks north of Best Western River North (720 N. LaSalle St) in a nice quiet neighborhood. Very cheap rate ($90/night) with free parking. It's not a fancy place (think of it as the Las Vegas Sahara Hotel of Chicago), not many rooms so its not crowded, and has some great restaurants close by. Last summer it had a dining cafe that served a good inexpensive breakfast but it looks like that might be closed now. Just another possible place to stay for those on a tight budget.
Bev
http://www.hojo.com/HowardJohnson/contr ... tyId=01752
Bev
Elector

Re: HoJo

Postby annie » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:13 pm

> Last summer my family and I stayed at the Howard Johnson River North.

I know where this place is, but never stayed there.

A few years back I asked our in-house TAs if they heard about it and they recommended against it due to some feedback they had. They also recommended against a TraveLodge in the area for similar reasons.

However, if you've stayed there and attest to it being decent, it may be a good inexpensive option for our folks. It's within an easy walk to many of the places in the River North area which we enjoy.

If they indeed have free parking, it's all the better, and is the exception to the rule in the area. The only other place I know with free parking is the Best Western at LaSalle and Ohio.
annie
Elector

Return to Pinkfest