FAQ entry 1.03:
What's the difference between Diva Las Vegas and other events such as Fantasia Fair, Be-All, Southern Comfort, etc.?
Diva Las Vegas is a vacation, not a convention.
Diva Las Vegas is not based on the model used for almost all of the other
major TG gatherings.
Some of the differences between Diva Las Vegas and the others include:
- Diva Las Vegas is more informal and more real-life. It's
an opportunity to celebrate life and to enjoy each other's company.
- Most of the others occur under very protected and controlled
conditions. Diva Las Vegas occurs mostly under mainstream
- Diva Las Vegas is not centered around a hotel. DLV activities occur
all over the Las Vegas metro area.
- DLV activities are, with few exceptions, participative, social,
and recreational in nature, as opposed to the "sit there and
listen to somebody speak" type of activities.
- Diva Las Vegas offers multiple dining options most evenings.
- Diva Las Vegas tends to be less expensive than the others, when
considering the total out-of-pocket cost to attend and participate.
- No registration fee or participation fee!
- No "one price fits all" pricing!
- You don't pay for things you don't want to do.
- Reasonably-priced accommodations available.
Previous FAQ entry (1.02):
What do you do at Diva Las Vegas?
Next FAQ entry (1.04):
When does this happen?
Back to FAQ index.